We enjoy hearing from our readers. If you’ve been around forums & blogs very long though, you’ve seen conversations that can quickly turn into a shouting match or otherwise deteriorate. This always discourages others from posting their own comments. Here is our policy on comments. By posting on our blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can register and log-in if you want, but it’s not required.
- We take your privacy seriously. If you choose to register & log in, or if you choose to subscribe by email, we will not abuse your trust by sending you emails you don’t want, and we won’t share your personal information with any other party
- You may post anonymously. We’d like to be on a first-name basis with our readers, but if you’d rather remain an unnamed “Guest”, that’s all right with us.
- Comments without email addresses, and other anonymous comments are always moderated. We won’t reject a comment just because we disagree with you, and we’ll never publish your email address, but if you leave a valid email address with your comment, once you’ve had one comment approved, your future comments will not be moderated. We reserve the right to re-moderate anyone’s comments if they prove to be abusive or otherwise inappropriate.
- We will read every comment and respond to most. Some comments just aren’t meant to be followed with a reply, but most deserve at least an acknowledgment.
- If you have a question, please ask. We certainly don’t have anything to hide, and if you have a question, chances are good that a dozen more have the same question.
- It’s all right to disagree. We welcome debate, but we ask if you voice your dissent, please do so respectfully. We reserve the right to delete comments that are abusive, threatening, misleading, or which use profane language. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. You have First Amendment rights, but that right applies to you publishing your opinions on your own blog, not ours.
- If we publish your comment, we may choose not to publish your URL. You are welcome to include a link to your website or recent blog post, and we’ll probably not delete the link just because we disagree with it. We will not, however, publish links to sites that are in bad taste, and we might not publish links to commercial sites that have no relation to the content of this blog.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on our site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Our goal is to encourage active discussion, fellowship, and an atmosphere of learning and doing God’s will. We hope you choose to participate.
Thanks to Michael Hyatt for the idea for this page, and the ideas for most of the specific items above.